Real Estate Buenos Aires Logo


 Home About Us Feedback Useful Links


Relocating vs Investing
Searching Properties
Making Apointments
Visit the Apartments
Making an Offer
Realtor Commisions
Money Transfer
Getting a Tax ID
Purchase Contract
Opening a Bank Account
Short Term Rental
Property Tax
Federal Income Tax

Section 17 - Insurances.

When you deposit money in a Bank, you previously check that you have FDIC insurance, to reduce the risks.

When investing in real estate one of the main -but very improbable risk- is that a fire destroys your apartment / building.

For this reason is a must to hire a fire insurance to protect your investment.

By Law all apartment buildings have to hire an obligatory fire insurance over the common areas (hall, entrance, elevators, exterior walls, etc). This insurance will be included in the home association fee (expensas).

You don't need to hire this, or worry about this insurance, the home association Manager will hire and pay it every month.

Additional to the common areas building insurance you should hire a fire insurance for your private unit. The main local banks will sell you this insurance, and it is usually not very expensive. You can also hire it from the most important local Insurance Companies. 

Having both fire insurances, the obligatory for the common areas and the private one for your apartment or unit, with major Insurance company or bank will mainly protect your investment.



Buenos Aires Real Estate Guide - All Rights Reserved - Copyright 2005. Tel +54 (911) 5328 - 0037 (from outside Argentina) / 15-5328 0037 (from Argentina).

Last Update: 06 de October de 2011